Recently, a longtime friend started stopping by to visit and chat. In my next life, I’m going to be a therapist. He is a man with certain sensibilities. He is an anal clean freak. When he makes dinner for a dozen, the kitchen is clean before the guests arrive. He follows the OHIO (Only Handle it Once) rule with EVERYTHING. Mugs go in the cupboards, bills are paid, and laundry gets folded.
So, when he started stopping by, I watched his skin crawl in my home.
Bottom line is this .. . I live in a $500,000 dog house. My friends and their dogs are always welcome. But, if you have certain sensibilities I’m not your girl nor is this a comfortable place for you to crash.
7. The dogs frequently celebrate my arrival with confetti.
6. Reaching for the remote for the BOSE system, you may find these:
5. Then, there’s this.
4. We can’t have toilet paper on rolls because this happens.
3. Houston dismantles antique baskets and chews; he helps with interior decoration.
2. The dogs are often more literate than the men.
- The dogs sleep in my bed, type on my laptop and bathe in my tub.